Position Title: Regional Events Manager
Department: Corporate Services
Reports to (Title): Senior Manager, Events
Location: India, remote work
To work with members and YPO management team to develop, design, market, manage and evaluate programs to provide quality experiences and promote best practices within the assigned region(s) and the organization.
• Research and advise Flagship Events Committee, Regional Network and Event Officer(s) and individual champions on appropriate events to maximize audience participation and “take home” value.
• Ensure professional quality standards and collaborate with champions and committees to implement event best practices and processes.
• Evaluate non-chapter events directly managed by the Regional Events Manager using the evaluation feedback from attendees and champions
• Identify and train new event champions in the region.
• Identify, train, assign and continue to develop contract event managers in the region.
• Participate and/or lead Event Program Development Meetings (EPDM’s) as appropriate.
• Conduct champion onboarding in conjunction with Team Lead, for all event champions.
• Lead contractors, management team, champions and committees to develop, design, market, manage and evaluate events that meet the needs of YPO members and their families.
• Develop and oversee budgets of events for approval submissions, in conjunction with event champions.
• Coordinate with event champions to develop and submit event proposals for approval.
• Coordinate event marketing of all non-chapter regionally approved events (ie Option 1, 2 or 3 events).
• Attend YPO management team meetings and conference calls as required.
• International Events - up to 50% of this role is dedicated to working as the event
manager on International Events as appropriate and determined by the Team Lead in consideration of regional responsibility.
• Oversee quality of content, resources and logistics of non-chapter regionally approved (ie Option 1, 2 or 3 events).
• Upon request, provide information for all eligible non-chapter regionally approved (ie Option 1, 2 or 3 events). events for award submission.
• Support the Regional Network and Events Officers in their role with goal setting and regional event strategy development.
• Partner and advise the Regional Director(s) of non-chapter regionally approved event goals, objectives and all escalation issues.
• Regional Events Manager are accountable for non-chapter regionally approved events (ie Option 1, 2 or 3 events).
• Regular and timely attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Additional assistance for international projects as requested by the Team Leads.
• Event planning and execution skills.
• Knowledge of hotel and venue contracting, audio visual and production. elements, offsite programs and working with resources.
• Comfortable working collaboratively in a multi-cultural organization with global members; sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences.
• Ability to develop and manage event program budgets.
• Ability to interact with executives in professional cooperative program planning.
• Understanding of member and committee dynamics.
• Ability to be proactive in achieving desired outcomes.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities and as an integral part of a team.
• Set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
• Strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
• Flexibility to travel both domestic and internationally, as needed.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in program coordination in a professional association or entrepreneurial environment.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills and database management
• Travel required