Position Title: Business Network Director
Reports to (Title): Operations Director, Business Networks Council
Location: India, remote work
Business Networks Director is a business content expert, strategic thought leader and business operations manager for the assigned Business Network. In addition, the Business Network Director partners with the region and Regional Learning Officer. Works with members and management team members to develop, design, market and manage network opportunities on behalf of YPO and provide unique solutions to address improved member retention and satisfaction.
1. Strategic advisor to business network chair and the business network on network offerings.
2. YPO liaison with Regional Learning Officer on appropriate network integration to enhance member participation.
3. Collaborate with members and management team to design, develop and deliver workshops at the Global Leadership Conference.
4. Proactively guides and supports Business Network Chairs in developing, establishing, presenting, and implementing strategic plans and annual goals for the business networks being supported.
5. Oversee development of a world class virtual community platform to service members of assigned business network(s); includes “only in YPO” content, dynamic discussion board and more.
6. Responsible for business network health metrics including the review of financial health of assigned business networks.
7. Works closely with the Operations Director, Networks Business Council for strategic alignment with the business network council and the Network Committee on governance and goals to ensure alignment across Networks.
8. Collaborates with Marcom on the development of an effective and efficient communications plan then implements with both the business network leadership and others across the management team.
9. Forecasts and manages business network operational budget.
10. Liaison with Corporate Services for the delivery of high quality business network events.
11. Manages and responds to day-to-day requests from business network chairs, the assigned business network, and management team.
12. Ensures succession plans are in place for the named positions on the executive committee and that every officer is on boarded, trained and receives support to perform their role in this business network.
13. Facilitates sharing of best practices across Networks as well as inter-department sharing.
14. Identify localized network needs for assigned regions across entire network portfolio.
15. Oversees the process, collection of submissions, and judging for any relevant functional awards including those for further submission for international awards.
16. In collaboration with Strategic Alliances, recruit strategic partners, vendors, and champions to support/enhance Only-in-YPO experiences.
17. Leads global webinars, develops and reviews associated content and materials, and may support the development and execution of relevant functional workshops as assigned at annual global leadership conference.
18. May support relevant international or executive committee portfolios in reaching committee goals, including providing relevant data/reports and participation in periodic calls and meetings, as needed.
19. Calls members of each Business Network annually following membership/Business Network renewal.
20. Leads the delivery of the highest quality customer service to the Business Network and the Region.
1. Strategic thought leadership with an eye to the larger scale impact across business networks, the broader networks team and YPO.
2. Diplomatic communicator with the ability to share context and garner support.
3. World-class relationship management skills, a meaningful connector of people and ideas.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team and manage volunteer committee dynamics.
5. Strong leadership/coach/team talent development with remote and globally diverse team members.
6. Able to effectively comprehend and articulate the policies and procedures of the organization.
7. Confident in creating creative solutions and navigating conflict.
8. Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills.
9. Captivating presenter who is agile during Q&A.
10. A global citizen sophisticated in local and international customs and protocols.
11. Must be fluent in both verbal and written communications in English.
12. Able to adapt to frequent changes and lead teams and volunteer committee through change management process.
13. Proficient in Microsoft Office skills and database management experience.
• Proven business professional with experience working alongside chief executives.
• 7+ years’ experience managing budgets and cross-functional resources.
• 7+ years’ managing workload in a dynamic and agile global environment that includes travel.
• 5+ years’ successful track record managing projects and remote teams.
• 5+ years’ dedicated account management and/or high-end level customer service delivery experience.
• 4+ years’ subject matter expertise of the relevant business network.
• 2+ years demonstrated experience in developing events and/or learning programs preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Communication or other related fields
• Master’s degree in Business or Nonprofit Organizations preferred
• Negotiation or dispute resolution training preferred
• Coaching or mentoring certification preferred
• Association or Event Planning certification helpful
• Able to travel up to 20% (domestically and internationally)