YPO’s Chief Services Officer maintains strategic oversight for management resources related to our global events and M2Mx services. The role oversees a centralized department where all event programming, registration, and customer support services are managed. Responsible for program research, design & development, implementation, and evaluation for more than 500 events worldwide. It is responsible for partnering with Flagship Events Committee to set direction and plan work and vision in alignment with International Board of Directors.
Serve as a strategist to ensure program development aligns with member wants and needs. Effectively develop, plan, direct and coordinate the corporate services team to support all events across the entire organization including supported regional, international and flagship events ranging from 10 participants to 2700. Develop culture of outstanding customer service through oversight of the service desk and M2MX teams. Foster team members to learn and adapt to a constantly changing work environment with multiple member champions. Manages budget of $35M from an event perspective with an additional $6.3M departmental budget for Corporate Services and M2Mx.
• Define a system of best practices consistent with YPO’s long-term strategic goals and objectives, and share the practices across functions and throughout the organization.
• Oversee the organization’s Events calendar serving members across various segments and geographies
• Serve as active member of senior leadership
• Lead, develop and motivate a high-performance team
• Identify opportunities to leverage program strengths to serve future organization objectives
• Defines a system of best practices consistent with YPO’s long-term strategic goals and objectives, and share the practices across functions and throughout the organization.
• Oversee the organization’s Events calendar serving members across various segments and geographies to better serve members
• Serve as active member of senior leadership team, collaborating with other team members to define and achieve organizational objectives and sharing best practices.
• Provide timely and accurate reports regarding performance metrics as required Achieve budgetary and financial metrics for department
• Ensure compliance with all facets of YPO’s published Policy & Procedures, Code of Conduct, overall values and applicable laws
• Strategic thinker and creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, ability to develop new programs and processes and analyze complicated situations.
• Ability to build consensus and achievements among disparate parties and interests
• Demonstrable business acumen and emotional intelligence
• Strong human relations and communications skills, including the ability to sublimate personal ego for the good of the organization
• Excellent personal presence and appearance, especially for the chief executive contacts that are critical to success in this position
• Strong analytical skills with ability to simplify actions in complex situations
• Problem solver with a partner attitude
• Ability to work in an environment of frequently changing priorities and as an integral member of a team
• Multi-cultural sensitivity and success and multi-cultural environments.
• Successful experience reporting to boards or committees and also leading boards or committees.
• Ability to adjust interaction styles with multiple groups of champions and cross-functional team members
• Proficiency and interest in applying new technologies and tools.
• Natural curiosity to learn more and a distinct entrepreneurial attitude.
• Multi-cultural sensitivity and success in multi-cultural environments
• Progressive experience in managing operations, programming and education for chapter based executive level associations or communities.
• Discretion regarding confidential information
• Excellent oral and written communication to groups of varying size
• Proven ability to develop strategic initiatives and execute plans with teams.
Minimum of 10 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in operational positions, including experience in a service organization and oversight of at least 75 people including multiple senior level direct reports.
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 40%.