Mitigates risk by advising, developing, implementing and administering standard business processes and activities that are consistent with the current and evolving risk management, intellectual property and insurance needs of YPO.
• Coordinate the contracting process for YPO, educating and empowering operational business unit leaders to identify and mitigate risks with 3rd party engagements.
• Manage intellectual property, insurance programs, organization risk assessments and reporting of recommendations.
• Manage global legal and regulatory reporting (for example, PCI, GDPR, etc.) requirements, including corporate registration.
• Develop and oversee realization of financial business cases.
• Perform annual business health checks.
• Perform risk management assessments including compliance audits and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Process.
• Support implementation and administration of standard risk mitigation processes across agreements and service providers.
• Provide project management oversight related to execution of ongoing projects (post initial transition) such as compliance and regulatory audits; annual health checks; disaster recovery, business continuation planning testing; documentation updates; etc.
• Support initial and ongoing training and development of risk management skills and responsibilities of functional leaders related to internal risk mitigation activities.
• 10 years operations experience in risk management, financial and/or procurement related discipline.
• At least 3 years in financial responsibility and business decision making.
• Experience in leading and influencing without authority.
• Intellectual property and insurance management experience preferred.
• Contracting systems experience preferred.
• International experience preferred.
• Analytical and logical orientation and ability to translate complex contract, intellectual property and insurance details into useful management information for management and the Board of Directors
• Proven ability to write complex analytical documents and discussion papers that lead the reader to a conclusion or recommendation
• Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of integrity with all business relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels including a c-level member audience
• Excellent negotiation skills with complex deals and the proven ability to simplify processes and procedures
• Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
• Ability to be proactive in achieving desired outcomes and use influence without authority to achieve results.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint. Digitally savvy.
• Innovative and solutions oriented; possess a natural curiosity and a positive demeanor in interactions with others.
• Versed in consultation; continuous improvement focused.
• CPA or Chartered Accountant required
• MBA Preferred
• Internal audit experience, using a risk-based approach required.