The Senior Manager, Content is responsible for creation and execution of content strategy of the Content Studio. This person is a content creator, curator, editor, and calendar manager all in one. This person looks at the daily news, makes assignments, manages writers and the process/flow of content creation and curation across YPO's myriad platforms and channels.
• Co-create the content strategy with the Content Director and execute on that strategy
• Establish and manage real-time global editorial calendar for YPO.
• Oversee and improve the content creation and distribution process.
• Manage and improve internal editorial process; serve as Editor-in-Chief for incoming content, including partner content.
• Enforce YPO brand platform style in all printed and electronic communications.
• Establish and oversee the process of managing the incoming pipeline of member stories.
• Lead daily/weekly content meeting to review content and determine its placement.
• Manage and mentor internal Content Creation Manager and external freelance writers and contract designers to produce YPO content.
• Manage and oversee vendors as appropriate.
• Serve as project manager and contribute writing and editorial support for additional communications vehicles including external and internal websites.
• Ensure that all projects meet or exceed high standards set by YPO and fit into the organization’s long-term mission.
• Create and enforce production schedules for on-time delivery of projects
• Significant interaction with management associates.
• Collaborate with YPO colleagues to identify, produce and distribute content from across the organization.
• Lead annual writing workshop for YPO in-house/contractor writers.
• Highly developed journalistic writing, editing and interviewing/researching skills with experience in all types of writing preferred – including news, features, marketing, social, web, speechwriting, etc.
• Thorough understanding of multiple communications and production channels.
• Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Associated Press style that can be applied to writing and editing.
• Grasp of topical business, economic and political issues; comfort with a broad spectrum of topics and disciplines.
• Ability to implement and manage a comprehensive, real-time editorial calendar.
• Ability to work well as a leader and as a team member and to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and to set, manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and members from around the globe.
• Ability to create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Self-starter comfortable with creating processes and structures.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed and willingness to travel.
• Comprehensive computer skills and experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar software program. Familiarity with web publishing, SharePoint, Act-On and Workgroups or other electronic workflow/project management software.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in communications/ marketing position, with strong preferences for journalism-related experience.
• Minimum 10 years of experience as a writer/editor.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in managing and leading others.
• Experience in planning and implementing communications plans and projects for a global organization.
• Experience in business and strategy development.
• BA in journalism or other relevant communication field.
• Travel to team meetings as needed.