This position is the strategic and management lead for the Creative and Campaigns center of excellence in the global marketing communications department of YPO. This hands-on, creative leader leads the planning and oversees creative development and production of branding, marketing and communications to increase YPO member engagement and to enhance YPO’s global brand image and profile. The Creative Director plays a vital role in raising the quality of YPO’s creative footprint around the world and presenting the YPO brand image to all audiences. This leader builds strong, trusting relationships with a broad range of member leaders and management organization leaders and contributes consistently brilliant creative ideas that support the implementation of new campaigns that enable YPO to remain nimble in the face of new technology.
• Develop, present and implement consistently brilliant creative ideas, global marketing, branding and communications campaigns for YPO around the world.
• Lead the internal creative, production and operations teams and engage external creative resources (digital and print designers, campaign writers, video and print production, web app designers and vendor partners) around the world to deliver creative quality in consistent alignment with YPO’s global brand identity.
• Lead the global channel management and processes for the creation and distribution of email, web, video, podcasts, apps, digital brochures, logos, signage and photography.
• Oversee the global metrics and analytics services including the preparation of monthly global analytics reports for YPO’s digital platforms and channels to continuously improve engagement and communications performance.
• Oversee YPO’s visual assets (logos, photography, video, artwork) and their management inside and outside of YPO.
• Lead the marcom department’s digital project workflow system, working closely with peer directors and the CMO to deliver high-quality, on-strategy work on-time around the world.
• Oversee the marcom operations team, including management of contractor and vendor MSAs and SOWs and processing of invoices and payments for services.
• Oversee the department’s operating budget. Forecast and coordinate with the CMO and the Finance department to insure the highest quality and on-strategy creative solutions are delivered on time and on budget in support of the organization and its global membership.
• Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
• Successfully establish trust and a strong working relationship with marcom leadership, management organization leaders and support staff and outside vendors, contractors and partners as an ambassador of marcom and of YPO.
• Strong working knowledge of design, brand development, project management, interactive commerce, metrics and analytics, and all forms of creative production (digital, web, video, print and collateral).
• Ability to lead projects and creative teams from concept to completion.
• Digital, web and print design capabilities with ability to work and design in and across multiple media for integrated campaigns.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Creative Cloud).
• Digital project management/approval software such as Workshops DaVinci.
• Video editing software such as Final Cut Pro highly preferred.
• Strong problem solving and creative concepting skills.
• Ability to work well as a leader and as a designer.
• Champion multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and to establish, manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, vendors, partners and members from around the world.
• Ability to create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Self-starter comfortable with creating processes and structures.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and make evaluative judgments.
• Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners.
• Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Thorough understanding of the marketing and communications creative processes, delivery systems, production processes as well as industry best practices for producing high quality work, on-time and within budget.
• Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and exemplary interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Minimum 10 years of management/leadership experience working in a high-performance for-profit or non-profit marketing or creative department or for a marketing/branding/creative agency.
• Experience working in a global organization or agency with significant experience developing and implementing creative work outside the United States.
• Proven track record of supervising and training a team, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Proven background in remaining open to different perspectives from multiple sources.
• History of continually refreshing creative vision and drive for fresh, relevant and purposeful creative work.
• Adept at incorporating logic and emotion into thinking.
• Comfortable with change and thinking beyond today’s reality.
• Undergraduate degree in Design, Advertising, Fine Arts or related creative field.
• Graduate degree preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed and willingness to travel internationally.
How many management team members are supervised directly? 5
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 5+
Is this position a Committee Lead? No
Is this position directly accountable for a Portfolio? Yes
Is this role responsible for a budget? Yes