This position serves as the strategic and executional marcom partner for our Governance, Human Resources, Executive and Finance departments as a member of the Content Studio of our global marketing communications department. This leader will plan, write and deliver strategic organization communications in service of annual strategic goals of YPO. This leader is also responsible for working directly with officers and senior leaders to personally craft organization communications plans, conceptualize and write executive and leadership communications, manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and collaborate with all marcom centers of excellence to deliver timely and effective organization communications while carefully managing YPO’s perceived value and positive impact among members.
• Serve as the marcom partner, working with officers and senior leaders in our Governance, Human Resources, Executive and Finance departments.
• Personally plan, write, present and deliver strategic internal communications in service of annual strategic goals of the organization.
• Conceptualize and write all forms of executive, leadership and organization communications, as needed.
• Manage the content calendar for Governance, Human Resources, Executive and Finance in service to the global marcom content calendar.
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
• Collaborate with all marcom centers of excellence to deliver timely and effective organization communications, on-time and within budget.
• Manage the annual program budgets for the Governance, Human Resources, Executive and Finance departments.
• Collaborate with CMO and marcom directors on all matters of organization communications, public/media relations and crisis communications.
• Effectively leverage YPO global and regional communications channels and platforms to distribute organization communications.
• Work with CMO and marcom directors on marcom team strategy, management and leadership.
• Support CMO and members of the YPO CART (Crisis Action Response Team) as needed to strategize on internal and crisis communications situations and deliver communications to audiences as needed.
• Proven thought leader for organization communications.
• Strong communications project planning and execution experience.
• Strong writing, editing and oral presentation skills.
• Exemplary interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in an environment that is always changing, under deadlines and with high expectations to produce premium quality, high-impact results.
• Poised leader, mentor and positive motivator with team management expertise.
• Comfortable and confident with time-sensitive, confidential and high-pressure challenges/ situations.
• Ability to create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Champion multi-tasker.
• Open to different perspectives from multiple sources.
• Comfortable with change and thinking beyond today's reality.
• Cool under fire when all around is chaotic.
• Ability to work well as a team leader and as a team member with a remote workforce.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Knowledge of print, digital, broadcast and social media.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in public relations/communications positions within a marketing/advertising/PR agency or within the corporate communications department of a large organization.
• Background with business/corporate communications.
• Global experience through work or school.
• Experience in project management for complex and organization-wide projects.
• Strong writing/editorial, public/media relations, content development/distribution background.
• Crisis and strategic communications planning and execution.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or relevant field.
• Master's degree in field of interest (preferred).
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed to serve global membership and organization. Some travel required. Work virtually in home office.
How many management team members are supervised directly? 1
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 1+
Is this position a Committee Lead? No
Is this position directly accountable for a Portfolio? No
Is this role responsible for a budget? Yes