This position serves as the strategic and implementation lead for YPO’s global social media practice within the content studio of the global marketing and communication department. This leader develops and delivers YPO’s global social media strategy across platforms and programs and manages the YPO global social community to create enduring relationships and engagement with current and prospective YPO members. This leader elevates the role social media plays in the YPO community, with a focus on sharing stories of the impact that YPO’s 26,000+ members make in the world, to raise and reinforce YPO’s premier global brand image and reputation. This leader builds strong, trusting relationships with a broad range of member leaders and management organization leaders while contributing consistently brilliant strategic and creative ideas that enable YPO to strengthen and expand its social community in the face of new technology.
• Lead YPO’s global social media strategy and global YPO community management across all platforms, programs and campaigns, including new/future platforms.
• Elevate the member connectivity and relationship building role social media plays in the YPO community.
• Oversee social media content creation and publishing across YPO social platforms with a focus on sharing stories of the impact that YPO’s 26,000+ members make in the world.
• Effectively present the YPO brand with cohesive tone and messaging across social channels.
• Collaborate with management organization leaders, YPO members and YPO strategic alliance partners to identify, craft and publish engaging content to elevate brand awareness and sentiment.
• Take ownership for the global paid social practice supporting membership development and coordinate with regional and local YPO membership recruitment efforts.
• Seek out opportunities to increase growth and engagement through activating partner channels and creating owned content in-house or with freelancers and/or agency.
• Direct and write compelling and original editorial content.
• Oversee the tracking and reporting of global social media metrics and trends with strategic analysis and actionable insights based on established/new KPIs.
• Regularly assess and leverage the use of social media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies in both process and cost.
• Support the CART (Crisis Action Response Team), as needed, to strategize, draft and publish crisis communications as needed.Ex
• Must be creative and also data-driven to inform insightful pivots and decisions that drive the brand forward through social.
• Strong writing skills in line with the social tone of voice of the brand and impeccable social skills.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines and managing third party agencies.
• Ability to propose and initiate creative ideas and solutions.
• Highly collaborative approach to ensure success internally and with external partners.
• Ability to effectively lead, mentor and motivate a team.
• Competitive spirit that drives a constant desire to innovate and iterate in a fast moving space to keep YPO ahead of the curve.
• Strong external focus on social media in the marketplace and emerging platforms/tech/strategies.
• Ability to work well in cross-functional teams. Flexible to change, as needed.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong organizational and analytical skills; self-starter; shows initiative
• Ability to interact with all levels of individuals and personalities, internal and external, in order to reach marketing and communication goals and objectives.
• 10 years of experience with social media in a news or publishing organization, digital content agency, and/or large company with demonstrated portfolio of work.
• 5 years of managing a social media team/function.
• Proven ability to lead and run a global social media practice from plan development and channel content strategy to ongoing community and content implementation in an environment that is always changing, under deadlines and with high expectations to produce premium quality and relevant content.
• Adept strategist and social community builder.
• Significant experience using social listening and social media management systems.
• Deep knowledge of social & digital platforms, best practices, analytics tools and new and emerging technologies.
• Photo and video editing experience.
• Global experience through work or school.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing communications, or relevant field.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed to serve global membership and organization.
• Some travel required.
• May work virtually from home office.
How many management team members are supervised directly? 1
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 1+
Is this position a Committee Lead? No
Is this position directly accountable for a Portfolio? No
Is this role responsible for a budget? Yes