The Chief Learning Officer (CLO) is the advocate for the realization of YPO’s Mission . The CLO, in partnership with the YBOD and Learning Committee provide the vision and essential thought leadership for learning and idea exchange to flourish within the dynamic YPO membership community. The CLO is accountable and responsible for creating programming and a community across both the membership and management organizations to deliver learning experiences, value and impact for the YPO membership and relevancy for the next member generation. The CLO in collaboration with Senior Leadership, external ecosystem partners and member thought leaders, will transform the learning function into a Center of Excellence for program development, experience and content curation along with leading Research & Development for innovative thinking and ideation.
• Represent YPO as an organization on the global stage as a connector and curator of Thought Leadership.
• Provide leadership and facilitate an environment for innovative thinking to design and deliver learning content directly and indirectly throughout the organization.
• Build and manage the Learning department as the YPO Learning Center as a Center of Excellence/Expertise for adult learning, learning program design and content across all of YPO’s global offerings, distribution channels and in support of the mission. Provide the vision for leadership, innovative learning products and experiences core to YPO member needs and can produce measurable business impact to develop YPO members, spouse/partners, YNG/YNG+ and through all distribution channels.
• Collaborate with allegiance partners and global thought leaders on issues and topics important to members and constituents. Seek out opportunities for YPO member leader growth, innovation and impact.
• The CLO collaborates and acts as the management team lead to the Learning Committee and sub-committees to set the strategic guidance for the design and development of all learning content and curation for YPO’s global offerings in support of the mission.
• Facilitates the development and design of innovative and relevant learning products and tools that are core to YPO member needs and can produce measurable business impact.
• Serve as the management team lead to the Learning Committee and sub-committees.
• Serve as an active member of senior leadership team, collaborating with other team members to define and achieve organizational objectives and sharing best practices.
• Design and develop curriculum content (particularly business and leadership), programs and other event opportunities that allow for the realization of YPO’s mission.
• Curate and make easily available to all members any YPO member and organizational developed education content.
• Develop effective relationships across the world’s best educational institutions allowing member access to thought leadership and resources and optimize idea sharing and best practices.
• Provide guidelines, tools, and processes create exceptional educational experiences.
• Identify best resources that continually enhance the resource library, facilitating easy connection between members and resources, particularly at Chapter level.
• Provide the future view of lifelong learning and idea exchange, beyond current content toward future context and relevance; assess new platforms such as e-learning, location independent learning and spontaneous member to member learning.
• Analyze member research, programming surveys, member activity data, resource data, etc. for programming.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Learning portfolio.
• Liaise with functional committees to support goal fulfillment and strategic implementation.
• Identify and define best practices consistent with YPO’s long-term strategic goals and objectives; share these throughout the organization.
• Achieve budgetary and financial goals, including providing timely and accurate reports regarding performance metrics as required.
• Ensure compliance with all facets of YPO’s published Policy & Procedures, Code of Conduct, overall values and applicable laws. Oversee mentoring program.
• Perform other roles and duties as assigned by the President and COO along with the CEO.
• Have a proven track record on impacting leaders through development experiences and
outcomes-based activities. Measured impact may be in the form of profitability growth, net
promoter scores, market share, personal goal attainment, etc.
• Have developed/curated and delivered leading learning opportunities across diverse interests
or constituents to create impactful ‘take home’ value for the participants.
• Be a thinker with a curiosity to explore, connect and seek connections on current issues for
innovative thinking, new perspectives and possible solutions.
• Be transformational through their approach with people, learning and leadership.
• Have the ability and desire to roll up their sleeves and get things done with cross team
• Be adept at building trusted advisory and collaborative relationships with a wide variety of
• Have experience in gathering data about member needs and interests and a track record of
executing on customer needs
• Have a digital proficiency in current learning and engagement systems
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in innovative program design for executive level adult
• Minimum 5 years’ direct experience in leading an educational institution or education-oriented
leadership organization preferably focused on CEO education or business development.
• Experience in the learning and development global markets.
• Effective networking relationships with educational partners and external resources
• Demonstrable business acumen and emotional intelligence as evidenced by prior results
• Experience working in a top global consulting firm, strongly preferred
• Global citizen who has worked and/or lived in multiple countries, strongly preferred
List the skills which are need to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Ability to utilize social media and networked learning techniques to create compelling ongoing
and immediate education experiences.
• Proven leadership in a service corporation and/or organization building, leading and developing
multi-cultural virtual teams.
• Ability to build relationships, consensus and achievements among disparate parties and
• Exceptional interpersonal relationship and communications skills, including the ability to
sublimate personal ego for the good of the organization.
• Excellent personal presence and appearance, especially for the chief executive contacts that are
critical to success in this position.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to simplify actions/solutions in complex situations.
• Successful experience reporting to/and leading boards or committees.
• A natural curiosity to learn more and a distinct entrepreneurial attitude.
• Multi-cultural sensitivity and success in multi-cultural environments.
• Great sense of humor and ability to be a trust colleague in a team environment.
What is the minimum education and/or training needed to perform this position
successfully? Please list any certifications and indicate whether required or preferred.
• Masters Degree, PhD preferred
• Accreditation in the learning/education space
What are the physical requirements needed in order to perform the essential
functions of this role? (Ability to travel, if required, should be included here)
Willingness and ability to travel, including globally, up to 25% of the time.
Number of FTEs are supervised directly/indirectly: 25
Number of contractors/temporary workers supervised directly/indirectly: 25-35