Participate in cross-functional projects to develop and enhance new and existing applications to improve and expand YPO technological capabilities. Direct involvement with the development life-cycle, including planning, designing, and test-driven development.
• Analysis, design, coding, implementation and support of large-scale applications
• Prepare high quality documentation pertaining to business and technical requirement
• Participates on project teams, supporting business and IT stakeholder requests.
• Proactively monitors and identifies opportunities for improvement on production platforms.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• If specialized in User Interface solutions, rovide development leadership and value-add recommendations towards usability, UI design, development, and all aspects of application development life-cycle.
• Work within an agile development environment, Scrum and iterative development.
• Apply knowledge of software best practices like test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration
• Demonstrated experience maintaining platforms in a production environment.
• Understanding of software development processes and criticality of various kinds of software testing-unit, smoke, system, integration, and root cause analysis, etc
• Understanding of code manipulation and optimization issues
• Working with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Agile and Scrum software development methodology
• Knowledge of Application Development/Software engineering of N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET framework
• Strong communication skills, capable of interacting with all levels of IT and business management and skilled at summarizing and communicating complex technical concepts/strategies.
• Solid understanding of navigation schemas, interface designs and UX principles
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in application architecture or in software engineering/application development of N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET framework or equivalent.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in Web 2.0 technology build using ASP.NET, applying to product plans as well as day-to-day communications or equivalent
• For user interface specialists, minimum of 4 years of web user interface design and development experience is required.
• Four year college degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Technology; advanced degrees or thesis preferred
• Microsoft or product specific accreditations are a plus
• Ability to travel - up to 10%