At YPO we have embarked on a Digital Transformation journey with the goal of accelerating impact across the organization covering all stakeholders internal and external while leveraging the latest technologies available. To this end we have started our Cloud journey that involves developing Cloud native applications using Modern architectures on the Microsoft Azure platform.
This position will be accountable for the delivery of a portion of a platform, or project (Agile team) initiative. This role is part of a team building a Cloud native green field application that impacts the way our members interact and network with each other and participate in member activities.
You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
We are looking for a passionate technologist with a knack for delivery to join a team of engineers to build automated, cloud native applications and services
• Analysis, design, coding, implementation and support of large-scale applications
• Prepare high quality documentation pertaining to business and technical requirement
• Participates on project teams, supporting business and IT stakeholder requests.
• Proactively monitors and identifies opportunities for improvement on production platforms.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• If specialized in User Interface solutions, provide development leadership and value-add recommendations towards usability, UI design, development, and all aspects of application development life-cycle.
• Work within an agile development environment, Scrum and iterative development.
• Apply knowledge of software best practices like test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration
• Demonstrated experience maintaining platforms in a production environment.
• Understanding of software development processes and criticality of various kinds of software testing-unit, smoke, system, integration, and root cause analysis, etc.
• Understanding of code manipulation and optimization issues
• Working with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
• Agile and Scrum software development methodology
• Knowledge of Application Development/Software engineering of N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET framework
• Strong communication skills, capable of interacting with all levels of IT and business management and skilled at summarizing and communicating complex technical concepts/strategies.
• Solid understanding of navigation schemas, interface designs and UX principles
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in application architecture or in software engineering/application development of N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET framework or equivalent.
• At least 6 years of experience in working on the full SDLC
• At least 6 years of experience building applications in C# or any other Object-oriented programming language but willing to work on .NET Core.
• At least 1 year of experience working with Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Other cloud platforms.
• At least 1-year experience with git version control
• At least 2 years’ experience working with MS SQL server
• 1+ years’ experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, or VSTS
• Experience working with Selenium and Specflow
• Familiarity with Serverless Architecture
• Micro services (design and implementation)
• Experience working with Visual Studio
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Four-year college degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Information Technology; advanced degrees or thesis preferred
• Microsoft or product specific accreditations are a plus
• Ability to travel - up to 10%
• Ability to travel - up to 10%