The Product Manager contributes to the strategic planning and prioritization of all elements of the digital and web product environment including requirements, design, technical development, testing, marketing, defect resolution, support and training. The Product Manager will own products and services from development to lifecycle management and ensure the reliable support for those products. As the voice of the member customer, you will combine a deep understanding of existing products and services, member needs, development team capabilities, and SaaS partners in order to define and manage a product portfolio that is compelling, well used and meets measurable business objectives.
• Provide support for YPO user community with the Exchange helpdesk, identify and resolve member impacting issues, take actions to correct data issues and prioritize IT development defects.
• Evaluate and identify where system enhancements are required and assist in new project and product implementations.
• Work with appropriate cross-departmental business owners to identify problem areas, and coordinate the development and execution of agreed upon priorities.
• Provide leadership and guidance to business owners as they advocate for their business needs in the development of business cases and product plans.
• Direct communication and training initiatives for enhanced functionality to impacted audiences, as appropriate
• Provide product management and change management assistance to business owners as needed to support new initiatives
• Identify and address needs for business process re-engineering and quality improvements
• Maintain documentation as necessary to assist in issue resolution and lifecycle management
• Stay informed about the competitive position and will assist business owners in the development of business cases and product plans for new products and features.
• Work closely with various departments and business process owners.
• Able to communicate with all areas of the organization and will work with business owners, IT, developers and project management counterparts to define requirements, engage marketing and communications teams to define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key features, advantages, and benefits.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with all levels within an internationally based multi-cultural organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
• Willingness to learn and take on new challenges with ability to work with little or no supervision yet be an integral part of a team
• Proven ability to meet established deadlines and be proactive in achieving desired outcomes
• Proven success supporting technology applications across a broad user base
• Exceptional organizational, planning, analytical and prioritization skills
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor in high-stress situations with frequently changing and often simultaneous priorities
• Strong analytical skills
• Five plus years’ experience in product management and development utilizing strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify problems, research causes/alternatives, and provide effective solutions; experience in root-case analysis in technical environment
• Proven experience developing business case, product plans and financial analysis for new products in preparation for Senior Leadership review and prioritization
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, or related area from an accredited institution is required.
• Demonstrated record of success in defining, leading and launching successful web and mobile B2B and B2C products
• Product Management training or Business Analyst certification a plus
• Prior experience with CRM management, requirements definition and implementation a plus.
• Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed with flexibility to travel domestically and internationally less than 20%