The Marketing Communications Manager is the lead representative within the YPO region and/or department for marketing, PR, social media and communications activities. This person serves as our direct link to YPO’s chapters and regions and departments within a designated geography. The marketing communications manager will guide the strategy for two-way communications with regions and/or department, serving as their advocate, messenger and champion.
Lead the development of regional and/or department marketing and communications strategy and contribute to the overall marketing, PR, social media and communications strategy and execution framework to meet the goals of YPO and the region and/or department.
• Liaise and cooperate with regional directors, chapter and regional communication chairs (Chapter Administrators, Networks, Education, Family, Forum, Membership) in your designated region to develop integrated marketing and communications programs.
• Lead planning and review process for marketing, PR, social media and communications programs.
• Build and maintain relationships with region and functional leaders to understand the needs within the market.
• Generate positive and proactive media coverage of YPO and its members.
• Lead the generation of online content that engages targeted audiences and leads to measurable action.
• Facilitate press and media outreach. Manage the organization’s relationships with reporters, producers, writers, publications, and all media requests.
• Coordinate YPO.org regional webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
• Work with chapters and regions and/or departments to develop communication templates that can be used across the organization.
• Ensure that all projects meet or exceed high standards set by YPO and fit into the organization’s long-term mission.
• Create and enforce production schedules for on-time delivery of projects.
• Provide leadership, input and support to the marketing and communications department.
Drive the delivery of the marketing, PR, social media and communications plan including:
• Development and management of a communication program to develop and expand the value of YPO membership value within the member community in your designated region.
• Development of marketing materials, resources, tools, content to support the needs of regional YPO teams.
• Create and lead the development of an annual PR plan and budget with the marketing communications director that strategically aligns to the team's initiatives globally
• Develop and execute media relations strategies and programs and identify opportunities to generate excitement and awareness about YPO in the press.
• Be a YPO advocate internally and externally.
• Engage with internal leaders to identify key story ideas on YPO and YPO’s members, partnership and networks.
• Partner with internal subject matter experts and external partners to develop and execute a robust social media and blog strategy including Twitter and LinkedIn, etc.
• Support of membership renewal programs, as needed.
• Work with regional teams in supporting local events, educational opportunities, media opportunities.
• Work with social media, PR, communications and content creation teams to identify and communicate chapter and region activity across multiple platform including stories, news.
• Contribute writing and editorial support for additional communications vehicles including external and internal websites, Ignite.
• Enforce YPO style in all printed and electronic communications.
Wise and effective budget management of marketing and communications activities, including:
• Overall responsibility for planning and reporting of regional marketing budget, accrual and expenditure.
• Work with marketing and communications leadership to reach agreement on budget for the year and quarterly program spending.
• Select and manage agencies, contractors and vendors as required to support marketing activities.
Reporting, Metrics and Research, including:
• Work closely with Marketing team to monitor metrics and create metrics dashboards as needed.
• Lead broader projects as needed.
• Provide weekly updates on current projects.
• Proven ability to execute results-driven marketing plans.
• Ability to use CRM systems to measure and report return-on-investment for campaigns and other activities against set objectives. SalesForce and Act-On preferred.
• Strong project and people management skills.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure while managing multiple projects and activities.
• Excellent presentation and writing skills, samples will be requested.
• Ability to manage a fixed budget.
• Senior influencing skills.
• Social media marketing skills.
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar role.
• Experience developing regional marketing and communications programs, with in depth knowledge of digital and email marketing.
• Experience marketing in a membership organization or association.
• BA/BS degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Marketing in a membership organization or association.
• Ability to travel 25% within region and internationally.