Working under general supervision, the HR Intern will champion and/or support a variety of HR processes and project tasks related, primarily, to talent mapping, performance management and HR related technology solutions.
1. Develop a simple but elegant database solution that will enable HR to easily update and track position and individual talent mapping data and as well as talent gap analysis.
2. Propose talent mapping reports and scorecards/dashboards to enable the easy view of gaps in skills as well as succession contenders by readiness and risk factor.
3. Convert/import existing talent mapping data to the database solution, including data for positions, individuals and succession recommendations.
4. Run talent mapping reports by department to enable HRBPs to identify and discuss talent gaps and focus needs with their respective department heads.
1. Collect and collate multi-rater information provided by Support Performance Management project plan including developing communications, job aids, surveys and other content support. Conduct research/benchmarking to understand new performance management technology that can best support YPO processes.
2. Assist with system data feeds and updating information across various tools and systems to ensure all team member related data is up to date and accurate.
1. Conduct audits of HR systems and folders to ensure accuracy and consistency of data and correct placement of documentation.
2. Propose simple, tech-savvy solutions for approval routings, team member changes and other activities that must be viewed and approved/signed by various individuals.
3. Work with IT and HR staff to explore the HRIS module in SalesForce.
• Current student enrolled in a bachelors or masters degree program at an accredited university.
• Focus area of study in human resources with special emphasis on HR information systems (HRIS), HR business solutions, HR analytics or other similar area of study.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• Some professional work experience in the chosen field of study preferred.
• Expertise in database administration.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Moderate understanding of other Microsoft office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to accomplish assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Demonstrated skill in written and oral communications.
• Ability to interact with team members in a professional and supportive manner.
• Able to connect to a variety of audiences/levels within the organization.
• Ability to analyze data beyond the surface story that it tells and to translate it into deeper, usable insights to solve business needs.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.