Acts as a versatile team player within the Finance Department supporting accounts payable, vendor relations and payment disbursements. Owns the AP processes and is responsible for maintaining AP systems with an eye for process and system improvements and enhancements while delivering timely and superior customer service. Accountable for reviewing and approving outgoing payments.
• Process vendor invoices and expense vouchers timely while ensuring adherence to internal controls and with a strong focus on customer service.
• Review and approve accounts payable transactions to ensure appropriate authorizations and coding, adequate support documentation and compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Support and answer questions from the global management team, vendors and members related to invoice payments and reimbursements.
• Maintain vendor data integrity, to include adding new vendors, updating vendor information, shipping addresses and W-9’s.
• Initiate electronic payments to include ACH, foreign and domestic wire transfers.
• Maintain daily investment calculation page for YPO investment purposes.
• Manage, maintain and enhance processes for tax reporting matters associated with accounts payable (1099, VAT/GST, IRS Group Exemption).
• Identify areas of opportunity working with cross-functional teams and department leadership to improve accounts payable processes and/or decrease cost.
• Ensure accounts payable policies and procedures are current and communicated to management team and other affected parties, to include external vendors.
• Monitor all banking activity.
• Support and assist finance staff in cash activities, cash receipts, bank postings and documenting transactions.
• Support training and development needs of the staff relative to international banking requirements and compliance.
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies in cash transactions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years AP experience required
• Progressive accounting experience required (proven experience in multiple finance roles)
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Salesforce (FinancialForce) experience preferred
• MS Dynamics SL experience preferred
• ReQlogic experience preferred
• 3-5 years experience working with domestic and international banking partners
• Proficiency in the use of MS office applications including word, excel, spreadsheet/database management applications
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to document financial items accurately to ensure proper audit trail.
• Problem solver and strategic thinker with proven ability to apply accounting principles and accounts payable knowledge to improve processes and to identify and mitigate unintended consequences.
• Ability to translate financial detail into useful management information.
• Analytical and logical orientation to understanding and processing information.
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills; strong planning skills and a proactive approach to achieving desired outcomes.
• Maintain high level of integrity with all business relationships and activities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at different levels and cultural backgrounds within and outside of the organization.
• Strong collaboration skills for working with others through issues and problems.
• Excellent follow-up skills, communicating and updating information through systems and processes.
• Ability to multi-task and to work with flexibility in an environment of frequently changing priorities in order to meet established deadlines.
• Reliable, trustworthy, organized, focused and able to follow and execute directions.
• Working knowledge and understanding of domestic and foreign banking regulations and restrictions with regard to wire transfer and ACH payments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience required.
• Ability to work flexible or extended hours to meet deadlines.