This position is the strategic and management lead for the marketing partnerships center of excellence in the global marketing communications department of YPO. This leader is responsible for planning, development and implementation of marketing communications plans and activities for major channels and programs which serve YPO members (such as Chapters & Regions, Networks, Forum, Learning & Insights, Family, Membership Development) and our external marketing partnerships with global strategic alliances and the media.
This hands-on leader builds strong, trusting relationships with a broad range of member leaders, management organization leaders, global strategic partners and global media groups to increase YPO member engagement and value, and enhance YPO’s global brand image and profile.
• Serve as the lead marcom partner (client service) to the major internal channels and programs that serve YPO members such as Chapters & Regions, Networks, Forum, Learning & Insights, Family, Strategic Alliances, and Membership Development.
• Establish strategic direction, development and implementation of integrated marketing communications plans, creative messaging and delivery of timely communications across all YPO global communications channels in support of YPO’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
• Develop and implement specific communications plans and activities to increase YPO member engagement and value, enhance YPO’s global brand image and profile, and support YPO prospect development initiatives.
• Build relationships with a broad range of member leaders, management organization leaders, global strategic partners and global media groups.
• Lead, develop and inspire a global team of marketing communications managers dispersed around the world to deliver marketing communications solutions to support all 15 global YPO regions.
• Serve as the lead marcom partner to YPO’s external global strategic alliances, including UBS, EY and Salesforce, to design and execute partner communications inside and outside YPO.
• Contribute to raising the global YPO brand profile through strategically promoting YPO member thought leadership and impact through all forms of media, YPO events and YPO communications channels while also generating media and partner interest in the organization.
• Develop tactics, track and report campaign progress through global metrics, assure brand communications quality standards, plan and track annual budget and evaluate team and individual performance.
• Serve as member of CART (Crisis Action Response Team), as needed, to draft and strategize on crisis communications.
• Minimum 10 years of team leadership experience in a marketing/advertising/PR agency, consultancy and/or corporate marketing/communications department of a global organization.
• Global experience through work or school.
• Hands-on experience in formulating and driving short-term and long-term integrated brand communications plans, strategies and activities.
• Cross-functional team and project management for complex and organization-wide projects.
• Background in strategic and crisis communications planning and execution.
• Track record of successful experience and leadership in: planning, development and implementation of comprehensive and integrated brand communications (including email, online marketing, social media, mobile apps, public/media relations, advertising, and new product launch).
• Proven history of leadership of client services across multiple, high-activity clients; strategic brand/product positioning and messaging development; successful media/public relations; and marketing budget management.
• Strong working knowledge of strategic, integrated communications and its digital and social evolution.
• Exemplary client service acumen and delivery, individually and as a team leader.
• Excellent team and individual relationship builder.
• Adept creative problem solver with can-do service attitude.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage numerous projects and demands from multiple, diverse stakeholders.
• Master of cross-functional and cross-cultural team project management.
• Hands-on attitude and ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• International experience, multicultural thinker.
• Big-picture thinker – able to see how different, disparate pieces fit together.
• Exemplary written and oral presentation skills; polished speaker and presenter.
• Resolute attention to detail with keen regard for brand image and reputation.
• A strong interest in global business and personal and professional growth.
• Strong working knowledge of print, digital, broadcast and social media.
• Ability to work well as a team leader and as a team member with a remote workforce.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Ability to manage a globally dispersed team to deliver marketing communications supporting all 15 YPO regions around the world.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or relevant field.
• Master's degree in marketing or communications (preferred).
• Ability to work flexible hours, as needed, to serve global membership and organization.
• Some travel required.
• May work virtually from home office.