Responsible for all day to day operations of the financial accounting team and function including financial systems and reporting, accounting controls and processes, financial analysis, payments, reconciliations, and proper and timely communication and cooperation with management team, vendors, committees, member champions and senior management.
• Manage audit process and review; working closely with auditors and accounting staff to complete annual financial audit.
• Oversee global tax reporting and compliance.
• Supervise day to day operations of the finance team, including accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable team members.
• Work directly with payroll manager to ensure accuracy of financial information related to payroll. Ensure accurate reporting of unrelated business income and associated tax.
• Coordinate the monthly and yearly financial close schedule for the organization.
• Manage revenue recognition process for member dues and sponsorship/other revenue
• Manage FinancialForce AP management system.
• Manage and enforce regional and development fund payment process.
• Manage network funding process
• Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
• Oversee the financial reporting process.
• Distribute monthly and yearly financial statement for corporate level reporting senior leadership.
• Research impact of accounting pronouncement changes.
• Set goals and individually motivate the financial accounting staff.
• Review and approve monthly journal entries and reconciliations.
• Work directly with various departments and management team members throughout the organization to resolve issues and answer questions related to financial statements and financial processes.
• Work with the Senior Director & Associate CFO on additional duties and projects as assigned
• Analytical and logical orientation with the ability to translate financial detail into useful management information for non-financial users
• High level of integrity with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form and nurture relationships with all levels of management team and members.
• Commitment to detail and superior organizational, prioritization and follow up skills
• Ability to be proactive in achieving desired outcomes and use influence to achieve results Ability to work well with global management team and members to accomplish tasks
• Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities and as an integral part of a team.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel)
• 10 years progressive financial/accounting experience
• 5 years experience as a leader or manager in an accounting role
• Salesforce experience helpful but not required
• College Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
• CPA Certification and/or MBA preferred
• Light travel <5%