This position is the strategic and management lead for the YPO Communications Center within the global marketing and communications department. This leader is responsible for content creation, curation and content planning/management across all YPO global communications channels; global social media; digital publishing of YPOs flagship magazine; and corporate, internal and crisis communications.
• Establish strategic direction and oversee the development of original content, curation of member-generated and partner content and content planning/management across all YPO global communications channels.
• Lead the strategic direction and implementation of YPOs global social media channels.
• Lead the strategic and editorial direction of YPO’s digital publications, including YPO's flagship Ignite magazine.
• Manage day-to-day team, operations and budget for Communications Center.
• Oversee the writing and editorial support for a myriad of corporate, internal, and departmental marketing and communications initiatives. Craft and present communications plans as needed.
• Serve as the executive editor for team of in-house and freelance writers.
• Serve as member of CART (Crisis Action Response Team) as needed to draft and strategize on crisis communications.
• Collaborate with HR and Governance departments as marcom partner, responsible for developing communications strategy in support of department (and organizational) goals.
• One of three direct reports to CMO, responsible for assisting with marcom team strategy, management and leadership.
• Ability to lead and run a communications center/global news organization from information gathering and content creation/curation to content publishing across multiple channels and prioritizing team resources in an environment that is always changing, under deadlines and with high expectations to produce premium quality and relevant content.
• Ability to follow daily news cycle across myriad platforms and countries.
• Strong leader, mentor and motivator.
• Champion multi-tasker.
• Open to different perspectives from multiple sources.
• Comfortable with change and thinking beyond today's reality.
• Management expertise with skills in hiring and team building.
• Crisis communications.
• Business/corporate communications.
• Cool under fire when all around is chaotic.
• Ability to create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Exemplary interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of print, digital, broadcast and social media.
• Ability to work well as a team leader and as a team member with a remote workforce.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Global experience through work or school.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing/communications positions.
• Leadership experience within a news or publishing organization or digital content agency.
• Project management in complex and organization-wide projects.
• Strong journalism, content creation/publishing and public/media relations background; experience as an executive editor.
• Crisis and strategic communications planning and execution.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, marketing communications, or relevant field.
• Master's degree in field of interest (preferred).
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed to serve global membership and organization.
• Some travel required.
• Work virtually in home office.