This person will serve much like an air traffic controller by managing and assigning communications for YPO's networks. Part process expert, execution extraordinaire, uber-organizer, the senior manager, network communications plays the vital role of developing communications and marketing strategy and tactical delivery to support YPO's 50+ business, personal and social engagement. This person also will work closely with the senior manager, event communications to collaborate on overall event communications.
• Assign communication projects to internal team members and contractors, serving as Marcom team lead on YPO's network communications.
• Manage Networks department communications/budget, serving as communications liaison to management/committees/members.
• Work on-site to manage communications and on-site team of writers, designers, photographers, social media, as needed. Manage any RFPs needed in support of programs.
• Manage other projects as determined by communications director or CMO.
• Manage and oversee vendors as appropriate.
• Enforce YPO brand platform in all printed and electronic communications.
• Ensure that all projects meet or exceed high standards set by YPO and fit into the organization’s long-term mission.
• Create and enforce production schedules for on-time delivery of projects.
• Significant interaction with management team, vendors and members.
• Work with marcom peers to curate content for other YPO platforms including, but not limited to, social media, electronic newsletters, internal and external websites.
• Provide leadership, input and support to the marketing and communications department.
• Manage and mentor team of project managers as well as full-time management team members.
• Collaborate with Networks department while serving as their Marcom partner.
• Thorough understanding of multiple communications and production channels.
• Demonstrated successful project management.
• Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Associated Press style that can be applied to writing and editing.
• Grasp of topical business, economic and political issues; comfort with a broad spectrum of topics and disciplines.
• Ability to work well as a leader and as a team member.
• Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and to set, manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues, members, vendors from around the globe.
• Ability to create and manage budgets and production timelines.
• Self-starter comfortable with creating processes and structures.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed and willingness to travel.
• Comprehensive computer skills and experience; proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar software program. Familiarity with web publishing, DaVinci Workflow, SharePoint, Act-On a plus.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners.
• Significant experience in project management.
• Experience in planning and implementing communications plans and projects for a global organization.
• Experience of business and strategy development.
• Experience in setting and meeting budgets.
• Bachelor Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or other relevant communications field.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in communications/marketing position.
• Travel to team and creative brief meetings as needed. Travel to work on-site at specified events.
How many management team members are supervised directly? 1
How many contractors/temporary workers are usually supervised? 5-10