The Regional Director, MENA is responsible for team leadership and business operations management across a globally diverse and geographically large region. The Regional Director ensures the delivery of the highest quality customer service to our members. The Regional Director, MENA is the primary YPO management representatives in Europe and is responsible for understanding the chapter-level needs as well as the requirements of the region.
• Primary point of contact for YPO and YPO Gold regional officers and chapter chairs
• Works closely with the Operations Director for strategic oversight of entire region.
• Leads the regional management team in the champion support, implementation, delivery and measurement of regional objectives
• Direct supervision of Regional Specialist(s)
• Ensures succession plans are in place for every relevant functional YPO and YPO Gold chapter officer and regional officer and that every officer is on boarded, trained and receives support to perform their role.
• Facilitates sharing of best practices among YPO and YPO Gold chapters as well as interregional and inter-department sharing
• Oversees the process, collection of submissions, and judging for any relevant functional regional awards including those for further submission for international awards.
• Diplomatic communicator with the ability to share context and garner support; Ability to
work collaboratively with a team and manage volunteer committee dynamics.
• Strong leadership/coach/team talent development with remote and diverse employees.
• Able to effectively comprehend and articulate the policies and procedures of the
• Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills.
• Strategic thinking/planning with eye to large scale impact across the region.
• Confident in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
• Captivating presenter who is agile during Q&A.
• Must be verbally fluent in local language and well-versed in customs (region designated).
• Must be fluent in verbal and written communications in English.
• Able to adapt to frequent changes and lead teams through change management process.
• Account manager experience or similar (3 - 5 years)
• Team leadership and development (3 - 5 years)
• Managed workload in fast paced, empowered environment that includes travel (3 - 5 years)
• Proven business professional with experience working alongside chief executives
• Built strong customer partnerships resulting in high levels of customer service
• Membership or association experience helpful (2 - 4 years)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Budget management including negotiations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Communication, or
• Master's degree in Nonprofit Organizations a plus
• Certified Management Professional Certification a plus
• Project Management Professional Certification a plus
• Able to travel extensively (domestically and internationally).