Position Title: YNG+ Community Manager
Report to (Title): Family Programming Director
Type: Exempt - contract term until 30 June 2018 with a high possibility of being renewed
Location: US or EMEA
The YPO family engagement team serves the whole YPO member by engaging his or her family and extending the YPO experience to spouses, partners and children. The YNG+ Community Manager is the steward of the YNG+ member experience, working with YNGers (young adult children) and YPO members as co-creators, and engaging subject matter experts and collaborators to support a truly unique community/learning space/career accelerator for the young adult (aged 18-29) children of YPO members. It is a unique blend of roles, including marketer & communicator, community platform manager, community engager and program manager.
a) Marketing and Communications
- Develop and execute YNG+ communications strategy addressing all key internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and implement clear brand identity and guidelines for YNG+ in close collaboration with YPO Marketing and Communications colleagues
- Development and ownership of all marketing & communications collateral, both electronic and physical, including materials to support and promote YNG+ programs
- Production of written copy, videos, content management for website and internal web pages, and active social media campaigns including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn content.
b) Community Platform Management
- Manage the day-to-day functionality of both the web, mobile and related YNG+ platforms
- Oversee relationship with platform vendor to ensure our needs are met and delivered
- Collaboration with Family team and support of YNG+ and YPO champions to pilot and iterate on programming elements in alignment with YNG+ goals
- Support overall Family department and committee goals as needed
- Shape the virtual community experience for YNG+ participants in alignment with the needs and interests of the community
- Oversee the registration process, ensuring clear processes are in place and customer service is provided to onboard each YNG+ members to all YNG+ platforms, troubleshooting in liaison with membership and product management colleagues.
c) Community Engagement
- Act as ambassador for YNG+, engaging and activating YNG+ members and champions and encouraging conversations and connections throughout the YNG+ community
- Identify new ways to build and nurture the YNG+ community, creating grass-roots movements, encouraging participant-driven activation to shape the future of both the community and programs
- Develop and implement a champion development strategy in close collaboration with YNG+ Program Managers to ensure content is developed in partnership with and driven by the community.
d) Project Management
- Development and execution of project plans to ensure effective, quality and timely delivery of projects supporting marketing and communications, community platform & community engagement